Have you got writing assignment? If yes, how often is that assignment given? how long do you finish your writing? Then, have you consulted your writing to your teacher/lecturer so that you can improve your writing? Or just keep writing until the last minutes at the end of the date? What do you think about that? 😉
The product of writing can be in the form of essay, report, story, journal and etc. The composition of the product of writing are always measured and supposed to meet criteria that may include content, organization, vocabulary use, grammatical use and mechanical considerations. Because teachers only look at the product, they cannot know how the way the writing made.
The writing process enggages students to write in drafts. Through the process writing, teachers can see the students’ writing improvement. The process of writing includes the following instructions.
- Allowing students to discover their own voice which can be in the form of freewriting, journaling, and fluency activities
- Giving authentic tasks and a sense of audience that engage learners in meaningful writing
- Encouraging invention, prewriting, and revision strategies.
- Providing formative feedbacks
- Focusing on the process of writing that leads to the final written product
There is no the best writing process because they support each other. No matter what writing process teachers choose, process or product, certainly should be adapted with the situation of students. As a student, I just propose that accustoming to using those processes in writing our project/paper is the best choice.